Saturday 24 March 2012

Royal Academy London Entered!

I had a really great response to the 'Warhorse' painting I made and completed recently so I decided to enter the Royal Academy Summer exhibition. Its the oldest open exhibition in the world and can have up to 13,000 works entered for selection each year! I 'm sure this year it will be really really popular with artists entering as it the Olympics this Summer in London!

I got my framing done in Wellingborough at a really good framers called Arti Farty or Sports Frames which sounds funny but they do a really good job.

Entering work for the Royal Academy involves ordering a form online. You can enter 2 works for £25 each - so I entered  'Warhorse'. I then had to arrange a courier to take my work to the venue in London as my work is large. Picture Post picked it up and took it down for me. Then I needed to have Royal Academy labels and a barcoded sticker on too. So, all in all quite alot of work and no garantee or getting in. But, I am proud I have done it and now I will have to wait until the 24th May to find out the result.

Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment