Monday 25 June 2012

Honest Doubt: The History of an Epic Struggle

I have listening to a radio programme which is a series of lectures looking at doubt in faith. These talks link in with my own feelings about faith. I have been attending a Methodist church in my home town for about a year now. Although Christianity is new to me I realise the importance of not completely believing or honestly doubting my faith. I particularly identify the idea put forward that it is only through questioning faith with a certain 'dis-loyalty' that we can break from tradition put forward change. (one of my main concerns is low attendance at church and it not drawing people in) when things stay the same, as in a tradition it will eventually cease to work or break apart. It is the nature of the world that everything must change after all. So the importance of doubting and questioning something is important to make positive and challenging change.

No comments:

Post a Comment