Sunday 25 September 2011

Hello and welcome to my blog! I have decided to write this blog as a way of sharing my thoughts and ideas regarding my artwork using text or poems to create paintings. I create what I call paintings which are actually large and intricate collages or mosiacs made of text from poems.

I am currently creating a painting based on the book by Micheal Morpurgo. To create this artwork I chosen a selection of poems by different first world war poets. I also wanted to connect with current conflicts in the world through contemporary war poetry which will also be a part of the final painting I am making. The work will also mark the 100 year aniversary of the beginning of the conflict 1914 when its finished.

Here is a close up of the work done so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment